Old
06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The most pertinent quote here, IMO is
Quote:
"... Skjei is a 6-3, 200-pound defenseman, which obviously is attractive on its own, you begin to see the breadth of his talent. For a player at his size, mobility is almost an added bonus. When you consider some scouts are calling Skjei the best skater in the draft, itís enough to make a few teams in the latter half of the first round drool at their good fortune.

Skjeiís standout tool is obviously his skating. Itís not just speed, itís the ability to use his feet efficiently with good edge work and an explosive first step. He doesnít have overwhelming puck skills, but he certainly makes up for it with his feet. He knows how to pursue and protect the puck and uses his physical tools pretty well. ...."
Looks like the best D available exclusive of the guys like Murray picked very early. Best athlete available? Maybe. Possible weakness? They are not saying ANYTHING about his shot, good, bad, or otherwise, accurate, heavy, whatever. Hopefully if he is so athletic whatever he has can be maximized by technique.

A lefty, this is a balanced addition to Noreau and Ceresniak, who are righties.

I picked and wanted Tanner Pearson a LW with shooting skills who went to the Kings. But I won't complain if this was, overall, the smartest choice to make.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote