Thread: Proposal: Buf-chi
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 10:10 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
I'm not sure if you watched the NHL last year, .
No I didn't, what happened?

Quote:
Ennis is a center. He was drafted at center, and he ripped up the league at center over a decent stretch of games.
Ennis is a talented player who can play wing and center. Am I wrong?

With the recent center draftees and Hodgson on the roster, its likely Ennis will go back to wing when those two hit the NHL. Thus my point about already having a Kane like player on the wing.

Roy has nothing to do with it.
Quote:
You don't have to be 6+ feet tall to be a center. That's a myth. Besides, Kane IS bigger than Roy, so it's a size upgrade
Where did I say you have to be 6' tall to be a center? You're getting wound up over things I never said.

As for Kane being an upgrade in size from Roy, give me a break. Kane is 5'11" 181lbs and Roy is 5'9" 184lbs. Neither is big or physical and its a wash in the size department. Its pretty silly to argue Kane is an upgrade in size.

But again thats not the point.

I asked you why we need to add such a high cap hit (6.3mil) player thats a small winger? When we already have a much cheaper version of him already on the roster in Ennis. You got so hung up on my refering to Ennis as a wing you missed the point.

You may not have to be big to play center but you DO NEED size on your roster. Adding yet another small skill player, particulary in the top 6, is not something we need to do. Certainly not with a cap hit like Kane's.

Last edited by joshjull: 06-23-2012 at 10:21 AM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote