View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 09:23 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I'll take Jordin Tootoo over Prust. Same kind of game, Tootoo is a better skater. Prust is the better fighter, but if Tootoo comes a lot cheaper, sign me up.
While I admit A LOT cheaper is different from generically 'cheaper', Prust is tough guy who can score in limited auditions and has intangibles. He would kill us, especially if in addition to hustling on principle he was looking to show his new employer he's earning his money. Yes, we need add Konopka, but I think we can squeeze another third of a mil or so to get it done, even though I was more comfortable with a rounded 5m for 3 years.

I'm in the minority, but I say for Prust, and only 3 years, IF he will give us a friendly buyout clause in case he gets semi-injured (not damaged enough for automatic retirement, damaged enough to be ineffective), then I give him that much difference.

Where does it come from?

Any other squeezing of nickels aside, I'd rather have Prust then Biron, who was usually reliable and also makes contributions off ice. But I'd rather half his current salary to keep Prust, and if he's not down with that, I think we can look at Cam Talbot, see if that accelerates his development given how many games Lundqvist plays.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote