View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 10:58 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
To be honest, I think Howson is doing a good job for Columbus.

What would you want for Nash if you were a GM for Columbus?

I would want a little more than Philly got for Mike Richards. IE I would want a good top 2 unit player and a player who is about to become, or got potential to become, a very good NHLer.

Like I would want Brayden Schenn, MDZ and a 1st. Or something like that. And I think it would be worthless if one of the players mentioned were replaced by two decent prospects...

We probably offer something around Dubinsky and Del Zotto. I personally think the value is okey, but the priced player is the defensemen, Del Zotto, and the serviceble player is the D. I would want that the be reversed if I was GM for Columbus. And preferbly I would want the priced player to be the forward -- of course. Their blueline is looking good for the future.

Do we have a good offer on the table? Well at least decent. Look at what you normally want for a player like Nash.

Its June 23, 2012. Nash asked for a trade before the deadline. No time has passed already. An offer like ours will probably always be at the table. I've not yet heard of a single bona fide offer for Nash that contains a i) a priced young forward and ii) a serviceble forward.

If Howson turned down an offer of like Schenn, Coutier and a 1st -- I would say that he was crazy. But he hasn't as of yet. He can still fish for a better offer than ours. He got time.
He can "want" whatever he thinks ... but the reality is, there are numerous variables out there that GREATLY reduce the actual price. Remember, in economics the price of something is determined by it's scarcity and market. His market is extremely small, he has a NMC (so he can deny any trade or dictate where he wants to go), his cap hit is absolutely sky high (only a number of teams can reasonably afford him under their budget), and say what you want but his production has been pretty low (although some believe that's because of surrounding talent) so you are taking a risk. Based on this ... his market WILL drop IF he gets moved, and based on everything we have heard or read, it's VERY hard to say he will stay a CBJ. Things can change, he might get frustrated and not care where he gets moved, but that's a story for another day.