Thread: Proposal: Buf-chi
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
Can you have too many skilled forwards? Cap hit is a concern, but if we lose Roy it's only ~$2+ million more.

I just don't see how "we already have Ennis" is an argument not to pick up a really good player because he's also short and may at some times play a similar position, like we've got one roster spot for wingers.
We need to add size with skill in our top 9 and particularly in our top 6. Kane does not address this at all. We need someone like Bobby Ryan with size who uses it and is a 30+ goal scorer.

Quote:
You also called Ennis a "winger" when AFAIK he will start the year as a center.
Let it go already. My god, its like I insulted the kid by refering to him as a winger.

Btw I agree he will likely start the season as a center but he has spent the majority of his time in the NHL as a winger.

Quote:
Also, Girgensons isn't a "lock" to make the team at all, and if he does it wont be for at least 3 years IMO. That's a long time, Ennis will be 25 by then, if he's still ripping it up at center would you risk moving him to wing because some rookie who plays center is NHL ready?
We currently have 5 young centers in the system with a shot in the next 1-3 years to make the roster. Grigs, Girgs, Adam, Sundher and Catenacci. With Hodgson already on the roster its not outside the realm of reality that Ennis will not be one of our top 6 centers in the very near future. Ennis hasn't actually been a clearcut top 6 center yet in his career. With his abiltiy to play wing its not outlandish to suggest he could get moved back there. He certainly doesn't make sense as a defensive center on the 3rd line.

Quote:
You also fail to realize that we'd be REPLACING Roy (who is on the team and if nothing else changes will be) a top 6 player who is small and the furthest thing from "physical", with Kane, a top 6 player who is very similar, just better and even slightly bigger. He's also got some playoff success, something people always bag on Roy about.
Actually we WILL NOT be replacing Roy in the lineup. Adding Kane for Roy creates a hole at center and makes us weaker at the center position. Thus forcing us to go out and get another center. All for what exactly? To add a type winger we really don't have a need for.

We would also would have to go out and get a replacement for Enroth.

Quote:
Just think, Roy out, Kane in. How is that not an upgrade? It's not like we're losing Stafford (a winger with size which we need more of) with Kane. Little skilled guy for slightly bigger more skilled guy.
There is no increase in size

We add a skilled offensive winger who is the better of the two offensively but not to the point that it warrants losing an allsitutions cetner that can put up good offensive numbers. This trade doesn't make us better.

But most importantly, Pat Kane in Buffalo would be an unmitigated disaster. I dread the thought of him even coming here.

Last edited by joshjull: 06-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote