Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
StaalForOne
#FreeBeau

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to StaalForOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
He played 18 games last year plus 3 against Philly in the playoffs. Do you remember our schedule at the end of the year when he played? It was brutal. I'd say Despres got a REAL GOOD taste of how tough it is in the NHL, and he handled himself quite well. I expect him to be even stronger / better in the fall, knowing he's likely to get a spot if he plays well in camp and if we don't sign any FA D.
I was referring to his on ice competition, not a lack of experience. Those 3 games were also with 7 D though. Like I said he looked good in his time up, but he wasn't on the ice against the opponents best guys, nor should he have been. I'm just saying we still have a lot to see from him, like how he will handle tougher competition. It's good on the organization that he isn't being rushed to play tough minutes, it's a role he will have to grow into. I'm am not trying to slight him, I like him and think he has a good future here, just seems some are putting the cart before the horse already penciling the guy in the top 4 and what have you.

StaalForOne is offline   Reply With Quote