View Single Post
Old
04-10-2006, 04:47 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MjD0823
I still completely agree. They have different roles that's all there is to it. Carter and R.J. score the goals . . Richards prevents them.
Yeah, but Richards has the skill and the ability to contribute offensively. That's what bugs me. They play Richards with scrubs. That's right, Kapanen and Brashear are scrubs. If you want Richards to be the two way guy, then fine, at least surround him with some talented players.

The guy is the 2nd coming of Doug Gilmour and to utilize specifically as a shutdown guy just because he's good defensively is a complete waste of him as a talent, especially when he can contribute so much more than defense. The guy is a great playmaker. He proved that playing with Gagne and Knuble against Buffalo. Why not take advantage of his offensive game.

What the Flyers really need is a Joel Otto type player and let Richards be the 2nd line centerman. If we had that one guy who could do what Otto did, that frees up Richards to use his full talents, not just a small portion that being a checker involves. I'm sorry, but it takes little skill to be a checker. However, it takes great skill to be a great two way player. Richards has that ability.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote