View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I had Marcantuoni ranked 26th among OHL players for the draft. Here's what I wrote.

Ranking Marcantuoni was incredibly difficult for me. The injuries, combined with his disappointing play, gave me fits when trying to slot him into my top 50. It's essentially going strictly off potential. He has loads of skill. He's got great speed, a great shot and can drive to the net very effectively. When he's at his best, he's also aggressive physically and plays an in your face kind of style. But there are several things that scare the crap out of me about drafting him. The first is the injuries. A high ankle sprain cost him a significant chunk of time last year. This year it's been concussions and a wonky shoulder (that required season ending surgery). This leads me to "thing" number two. After being so injury prone, you have to wonder if he can sustain a physical playing style, which unfortunately for him, makes him most effective. When he came back from injury at one point this year, he looked really tentative out there and was forced to play a perimeter game. Lastly, as of right now his game seems to be built off being able to use his speed to make things happen. With so little development time this season, it was hard to see him progress in that area and I think that some of the hockey sense concerns people have brought up may be legitimate. So many question marks. So much potential. All it takes is one team to believe in what he brings to the table (which I guess was you guys).

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote