View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 04:27 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

vCash: 500
As a Habs fan and a Halifax Mooseheads fan I would absolutely love to see us take Mackinnon next year. However that involves an absolutely terrible season for that to happen.

With a drastic reduction in man games lost and guys who had bad years last year rebounding the Habs could sneak into the playoffs but you also have to take into account other teams who were in the 6th-8th seeds as well as the teams who missed the playoffs and how they develop over the course of the next year. IMO the best case scenario as far as seeding goes will be with the Habs just barely making it as the 8th seed which would put us with the 15th overall pick.

Going back to my Mooseheads bias I can see Drouin and Fucale being there at 15. Duclair and Erne off the Remparts could be had there as well. If the Habs are somewhere in between 3rd and 15th like say 7th-8th then Lazar, Roy, Pulock are guys I like at the moment. Barkov is intriguing as a big center and of course if we outright suck then I salivate at the thought of Mackinnon and Seth Jones as a consolation prize if we miss out.

I don't neccesarily like the idea of another bad season as the past one was difficult to make it through but it wouldnt be the end of the world if the Habs had a bad season next year with another high pick as the reward and adding along 4 other picks with in the top 70 and maybe more if Bergevin goes full sell mode if the Habs are definitely outside the playoffs in February.