View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 03:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
After reading some of the scouting reports I see a lot of the same words come up. Two-Way, All Around player, etc. Reminds me of the era of Doug Armstrong's low ceiling safe drafting of 3rd and 4th liners. Only about half of the scouting reports are in, but I hope a few of these guys pan out properly, those aren't really words I'm excited to see if we're trying to go for sleepers in the 3rd round and above.
I think that says more about this draft class than the organization's drafting philosophy over the long haul. They've recently gone all in on some players who are projected to be scorers with decent/high upside. In this draft of pretty good depth but lacking in top end scoring talent it makes sense that guys are going to be described as "two way" players, etc.

Faksa seems at worst to project as a David Backes starter kit. I can live with that. If even one or two of our prospects already in the pipeline even approach their ceiling we will be in fine shape scoring wise and we will also have a number of guys who can play up and down the lineup while being defensively conscious.

All in all, the early returns seem pretty good.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote