View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the ONLY problem I have with Prust walking is Sathers tendancy to try to fill vacancies for bottom pairing guys by paying other guys even MORE than he did the guy he let walk. Let Orr walk sign Brashear....let Brashear walk, sign Boogaard, Boogaard passes away sign Rupp.

All of those guys seemed to be progressively grossly overpaid and completely useless hockey players...almost to spite the guy he let walk.

if Prust isn't coming back, give his minutes to a guy like Bourque....he may be mediocre offensively, but the kid works his balls off defensively.
I am with you Inferno, Slats has a tendency to overpay for tough-guys and thats fine if he is not going to overpay for Prust, but it worries me as to if he will overpay for someone else? I want Konopka, I wanted him at the deadline, but not at 1.8 million or the nonsense contracts Slats gave to Brash, Boogie, and a worn out Rupp. Sather better be diligent as to whom he brings in to replace and the amount he pays him. At least Konopka can do what Prust can do and win faceoffs, however he is just as prone to the dumb penalty as Prust.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote