View Single Post
Old
11-28-2003, 09:10 PM
HABitude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Koivu held a players' only meeting after the Vancouver game, and we came out and scored five goals tonight. Okay, Kolzig wasn't at his best, but a few guys, such as Souray and Bulis, stepped up their games. You can't deny the fact that the players respect Saku's abiliites in the lockerroom and on the ice surface.
You have a good point with the fact that the Habs players responded well after that meeting between players, held I suppose by the captain. But also that victory was against Washington; who is a bad team this year, everyone would tell you. I know Saku is a poor's man Yserman and Sakic, they have about the same size and weight but Sakic have a deadly chirurgical power-shot, and Yerman is Mr. Constancy and successman. Hall-of fame stuff, no doubt about it. In a perfect world, I would never ask Gainey to trade Koivu because Saku is made of dedication and “chevaleresque” qualities, he can be a reincarnation of a knight of King Arthur. I remember Ryan Walter had the same big heart, with both knees operated, he was slow but at the end he helped the team to win the cup in 86, so patience can pay I remember. Saku is that kind of player, when the time will come and the team will be on a way to far in the PO, I do beleive he will give all his body have to reach that Stone of Grial, the ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup. He is that kind of man, I know that and that's why some of you are getting angry when he's bashed on this forum and the medias.

I also am realistic about hockey players and when Daniel Alfredson comes to town, I watch a hockey game where Ottawa is attaking habs zone with such speed and freaking dekes at fast moves. The same when Pavol Demitra comes to town: I watch and I say wow, what a fast player with fantastic dekes. Same with Gaborik, Heatley, Kowalchuk, Modano, Iginla. Then I realise that Koivu is slow if I compare. It's also very entertaining to watch, it's not boring trap, it's passionate hockey with speed and improvisation, a real beauty. I still love that sport, I'm waiting for a next spectacular hockey player wearing Habs jersey.

Ohh, it's getting very late, I'm tired, good night.
Rrrrrrrrrrrr ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
rrrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzz ....