Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
"He's 5-foot-11 and he's really thick and stocky, big legs on him," Timmins said. "He's built similar to Daniel Alfredsson, who I was with in Ottawa, and he plays a similar style of game -- on the puck, really committed and passionate about his game."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635912
Interesting. I was going to post that offensively, in open ice, and in terms of body positioning/stance/stride/release/etc. he looks very much like a young Alfredsson. I don't remember Alfredsson turning into a more focused "2-way" player until after his first NHL playoff run in '97, but Collberg actually has a bit of a rep for defensive lapses, so that's one area where the comparison breaks down, imo. But anyway, bottom line is that I had Collberg rated more early/mid-20s, so getting him at 33rd is pretty damn good. He has a great, accurate wrister that takes advantage of those fake slap delays he likes to do. Should be interesting to see how he develops, and how he adapts to more patient professional goaltenders.

edit: Oh wow. Just noticed how close Dansk came to dropping to us. Don't think he would have been too happy about being drafted by the team with Carey Price, but I don't know how we could have passed on him at that point.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 06-23-2012 at 07:34 PM.