Thread: Confirmed with Link: JVR traded to Toronto for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 06:43 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Armchair GMs everyone dumps on homer and luke and he hasnt even played a gm for us and if he turns into a beast for us then everyone will be saying i knew it was a great trade high fives for homer.
unless you count helping the kings win a Cup, what has Homer ever done to earn our faith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah that's problem people have around here. If JvR becomes a PPG player and Schenn becomes anything close to a #1 defender, we will be more than better off. The Flyers have tons of weapons up front and nothing on the back end. Even if JvR turns out to be the better player, as long as Schenn is a top pairing guy, I would consider this a win by a mile. JvR was expendable. Some of you may take that as me saying he isn't very good, but that is not at all what I am saying. They don't need him. They have plenty of guys who can put up goals. Not to mention it is a lot easier to find a 20-30 goal scorer than it is to find a top pairing right-handed defenseman.

In a vacuum, I'd prefer JvR. But that isn't how the real world works. Teams have needs and sometimes to get better on defense you have to give up offense and vice versa. On this team from what I have seen from JvR and Schenn thus far, I'd prefer Schenn. The only complaint I have is that there wasn't a pick thrown in or maybe some project forward with a lot of upside.
If it is a lot easier than why did toronto make the trade? And Schenn will never be a #1, he doesn't have the offensive skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakening View Post
My take on this:

Pronger not coming back (but imagine if he did...kimmo/grossman, pronger/schenn, mesz/coburn holy ****)

No better option in FA or trade to land a Pronger replacement (Suter was never an option)

Didn't get anywhere on another D trade (Yandle/Weber)

Odds on landing a JvR upgrade (Ryan/Parise/Nash) are better than zero

I think this 1-for-1 is slightly in Toronto's favor (unless JvR is banged up worse than I know...concussion, hip, etc.), but if there's another move coming, it could be huuuge.
He is not a replacement for Pronger, he doesn't have the offense or pp skill....he is a purely stay st home guy, which is why I want JVR to be packaged for something better. Trades don't have to happen on June 23rd, you can wait and see

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCANADIAN View Post
I keep checking other websites "hoping" to see another piece added to this deal coming the Flyers way...but no.

I am not disappointed that JVR is gone and we acquired L.Schenn, but disappointed because I thought and hoped JVR would be part of a package used to acquire a Weber, Suter, Yandle, Ryan etc.

What type of a defenseman is Luke Schenn
Slow, stay at home, no offense.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote