Thread: Speculation: 2012 - 2013 season
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 06:44 PM
SvenBartschi27

vCash: 500
2012 - 2013 season

I have an opinion on the state of the Flames retool/rebuild and other future considerations. In the offseason our aims will be to target (assuming) the strongest player and offer him good money (like we did last year) i.e. Parise or Suter. During the season the Flames (no matter what happens in the off season with the trades and signings) go all out, fire on all cylinders and strive for first. Now come just prior to deadline in mid February depending on the state of the team. If we are in any of 1st-5th (yeah right!) we make no alterations or minor deals and upgrades. If we are in 6-10th the same maybe even additions and upgrades. However if we are in 11th - 15th in the Conference then we trades our players(except for the untouchables i.e. Bartschi, Jankowski, Brodie, 2013 1st and 2014 1st, GlenX, etc. if i left any out that you believe are needed) for heavy duty returns to teams that are in need. Like Kipper to Chicago for what we could pry out (maybe TT) Get Hamilton out of Boston for Iggy ) There we would maximize the returns of some players that will in the future do nothing and give Kipper and Iggy a chance to win a cup. Then come draft day we have a higher pick and can take a highly touted player whilst having several integral future pieces. What are some of your ideas about my observation ?

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote