View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Have Faith in Reimer

I don't see why many people here are saying directly or indirectly "It's Luongo or bust"

Quote:
"We are encouraged by the medical reports on James Reimer, he has a clean bill of health," said Burke. "He's working out like a madman and he's made it very clear to us that he has no intention of giving up the net.
Brian Burke today.

If the 40 odd games last season he played wasn't enough to show he was a good goaltender on a consistent basis, why is the 30 odd games he played in a year he got a concussion spell that he is not good enough to be a #1? It doesn't make sense.

People here often say we don't have Ryan Miller, Carey Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, middle of the pack guys like Lehtonen, Howard etc.

Jonathan Quick didn't become an elite goalie overnight. It takes hard work and dedication, something James Reimer has. Now before you call me a homer, I'm not saying Reimer will be an elite goalie, I just think that writing the season off just because Reimer could possibly be our #1 goalie is stupid.

Not too long ago Jonathan Quick was seen as a placeholder for Jonathan Bernier who would assume the #1 role. Things change from year to year.

We've got a new coach who will employ defense in his system as much as offense. Reimer will have a lot to prove and I think he'll show his mettle.

If we don't give a goalie an opportunity to go through the good and bad, we'll never find a goalie good enough to be a #1. We can't just keep recycling goalies year to year.

He'll bounce back this season without a doubt.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote