Old
06-23-2012, 07:29 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...412&feedID=704

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Shayne Gostisbehere was watching the NHL draft Saturday afternoon on television from his living room in Ft. Lauderdale.

“There was a slim chance I’d be going a little earlier than expected,” said the teenage defenseman from Union College, who the Flyers drafted Saturday in the third round.

“When I saw my name I jumped off the couch. Literally, I jumped off the couch. My family didn’t feel like making the trip [to Pittsburgh]. We stayed home.”

Gostisbehere, a 19-year-old puck-moving defenseman, will be a sophomore next season. Teammate Greg Coburn – younger brother of the Flyers’ Braydon – will be a junior next year at Union.
Quote:
“The kid came on the radar at mid-season and started to play better, our guys in the East happen to see him a lot,” said Chris Pryor, the Flyers director of hockey operations, who oversees the draft.

“He has a good head, good stick, and can make plays. He’s only a freshman and he’s in a good situation.”

His own self-evaluation? While he admits he’s a skating defenseman, he said three times, “I’m not a slouch on defense.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote