View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Yeah, me too. It just seems like a precursor to something even bigger. I don't see us re-signing Matt Carle now, but I do see us doing something big come July 1. Homer's got something up his sleeve.
Going to preface this by saying that I haven't read a single post before this page... so I have no idea what anybody else feels on this... My thinking is that Carle is signed to a Flyers friendly deal that is also fair to Matt ignoring the inflated Open Market contract he could have got... and Luke Schenn replaces Pronger on the roster with the savings from #20 & #21's contract going for a top six winger in the mold of Ryan, Nash or (hopefully) Parise... Thing is that if they now go the trade route Homer has to be creative because he doesn't have JvR any longer to anchor it. To me the best deal to keep the young core intact is UFA Parise... but the best for he Cap is to obtain Ryan and trade a salary. I suppose not extending Jagr is a great option, but who to give up in any huge major deal is a huge concern. B. Schenn has to be safe now, even more than ever... and Couturier to me has to stay. I'd think that Read has to be used but cannot be the anchor. Home has his work cut out for himself as I see it... in convincing Parise or in giving away a key asset.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote