Thread: Confirmed with Link: JVR traded to Toronto for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Schenn10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
He had put it all together, HE GOT HURT....kinda hard to do much when you can't skate. Again, beast in playoffs 16 points in 20 games at beginning of the season. He would have been a 30 goal scorer if healthy....and that is with little pp time.

Schenn couldn't even play top 4 in Toronto....he can't move the puck and isnt very quick, tell me how that fits in Lavi's system?

I don't disagree dmen take long to develop, so do big forwards and JVR was ahead of schedule considering he came from college and not major junior

A potential #1 lw for a potential #3 or 4 dman is not fair value in my opinion. Schenn doesn't have enough offensive skill to be a top pairing guy.
I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. JvR was never consistently dominant even before he got hurt. He would use his speed to the outside and either shoot a weak shot on net or get ridden off the puck every time. I never saw him showing that he had put it together. Throughout his entire flyers career he has never shown a strong ability to use his body controlling the puck along the boards or to be creative enough to use his speed to get prime scoring chances.

To me even when he succeeded he always seemed to play like an extremely talented kid playing against men. He has all the tools to be great, but just doesn't have that aggressiveness to harness it.

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote