View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
The leafs acquired a struggling goalie in giggy hoping he would excel with a change in scenery but who than injured his groin and played the season hurt. Look at Giggy's numbers when he was healthy last season.

The lowest risk path is competent veteran goalie who has proven track record of NHL success. Why would anyone expect an unproven goalie to play start playing exceptional? Scrivens/Reimer could work out but it is risky because have no track record of NHL goaltending success.

What is the "fall" back if things don't work? Sure you can trade for a goalie but by than the leafs are pretty much out of a playoff spot.
I don't mind having a veteran back up acquired through trade at all. I was just saying that it isn't the end if Leafs don't get Luongo.

Luongo didn't take the Panthers to the playoffs as long as he was there so it's not like getting Luongo means the Leafs are a lock for the playoffs.

It's going to be a battle with or without Luongo in the fold. Burke thinks the price is way too high for Luongo especially considering only two teams are after him...and Florida are probably mildly interested.

It's really just the Leafs and Canucks. Is he going to stay there and watch Cory Schneider play in the playoffs while he's getting benched again? I don't think so.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote