View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM
number72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I don't mind having a veteran back up acquired through trade at all. I was just saying that it isn't the end if Leafs don't get Luongo.

Luongo didn't take the Panthers to the playoffs as long as he was there so it's not like getting Luongo means the Leafs are a lock for the playoffs.

It's going to be a battle with or without Luongo in the fold. Burke thinks the price is way too high for Luongo especially considering only two teams are after him...and Florida are probably mildly interested.

It's really just the Leafs and Canucks. Is he going to stay there and watch Cory Schneider play in the playoffs while he's getting benched again? I don't think so.
Sure but the leafs didn't have success pursuing Vokoun or any other available goalies. Vokoun for a 7th - I'm not sure why the leafs were not over that.

The fact that Burke allowed things to get to the point where Luongo is the only choice is unfortunate. He did the same last year not pursuing Theodore who joined the Panthers (and we with Monster/Reimer based on faith). And now it looks like the real play is Luongo (and maybe clemmenson though I'm not sure if he is enough for the leafs even though he played well for the Panthers last year).

Like I said Reimer/Scrivens may work out but I suspect that tandem struggles to put up 0.910 goaltending. Even Price had a few years with Halak before proving he was capable to mind the net. I think a vet sets up the team for both short term and long term success in net.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote