View Single Post
Old
04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Good post. I don't think Richards really falls under any one "players" like Peca or Gilmour, but rather he's a combination of players. His offensive potential has shown at every level (over a point per game in the AHL playoffs, his first taste of pro hockey) and will be shown in a couple of years when he's the second line centre on this team (Carter will be the first).
well, if we're going to start making comparisons i would start with a guy like Peca, not a guy like Gilmour... was really the purpose of what i was saying. almost all NHL players put up decent points at the junior level. however, the translation is a hard one.

Richards isn't a particularly fast player, nor is he a big guy. He's going to struggle some in the gritty scoring areas to get points he got when he was younger. Does that mean he's going to be be a bad offensive player in the NHL? No. He's a very saavy player, and will get points with his smarts and being in the right place at the right time... he doesn't have the raw offensive skills that Carter has, which will keep him from being the hopefully "great" scorer that Carter has the ability to become. therefore, i throw him in the 60-70 point range while playing a great two-way game... if we get that, we will be in very good shape.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote