Thread: Prospect Info: Round II, Pick #59: Boo Nieves
View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 10:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
One thing - I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned about Boo's stats. Only scoring 7 goals as a high school senior (down from the previous year!) is a bit frightening. He was 7-32-39 in 26 games. By contrast, Kreider was 33-23-56 in 26 games his senior year - and Mac^2 was 42-48-90 in 29 games this past year (albeit in a significantly inferior league)! I understand that points aren't everything when trying to project a kid, but you would expect his raw skills alone to translate to more finishing than that.

Now, again, I LOVE the scouting report - and I am comforted by the fact that he went 2-8-10 in 13 games in the USHL as well as the fact that he's going to play for Berensen. Furthermore, that YouTube goal against the Russian team is a thing of absolute beauty, which hopefully points to untapped finishing potential. Here's hoping he builds upon those results against superior competition as he enters the NCAA. I am very much going to enjoy tracking his progress...

Having said that, in a way we should perhaps be thankful for his lower goal totals - if he had Kreider's stats, he probably wouldn't have made it to our first pick, much less our second!

(And hopefully we can still get Mac^2 in the same deal from STL where we pick up the winger we need for the big squad. )

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote