View Single Post
Old
06-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I don't think they can specifically name players... or else, it could be seen as tampering... They speak in generalities... You shouldn't hear another team talk speifically about another player under contract about intent to sign, or attempt to trade for, by name... I'm sure it slips from time-to-time, but it could be seen as tampering...
Exactly, but my point is that just because it could have been about Luongo (and perhaps logically was about him), it shouldn't be posted "Tallon talked to Gillis about Luongo." That's not fair to either GM, it's not fair to posters who may read it and not be aware of what was actually said, and it's yet another way rumors get started on message boards. We can argue all we want, we can speculate all we want, we can be as disrespectful to each other as much as we want and as long as the mods allow it, but at least try to be accurate so we spend more time bashing each other over facts, not inaccuracies.

It's like in the other Luongo thread (the one about Toronto not being done yet) where a poster said that Yzerman repeatedly said he wouldn't trade for Luongo unless Vancouver took Lecavalier in exchange. Of course, he never said anything whatsoever about Luongo, much less anything that specific. But it's stated as fact and, well, I'm a stickler for accuracy and that just annoys the life outta me.