View Single Post
Old
11-28-2003, 09:11 PM
mmmBeer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
O'Donnell was terrible, but Hal Gill just stood and watched the second goal. He should be given a choice, either start slamming people or adios.
BTW, the whining about the penalties is sickening. Nashville at home should be a win with no questions asked.
I'm pretty sure Gill simply can't slam people. He got outmuscled by David Legwand in a scrum in the first period. I admit I don't know exactly how strong Legwand is. But, he is 50 to 70 lbs. lighter than Gill. Somehow I feel that just shouldn't happen. Gill's size allows him to stickcheck Jagr from 10 feet away, but I've given up on him ever using it to become an intimidating player.
Gill's effective at shutting down big skilled forwards. Between O'Donnell, Jilsson, Boynton, and McGillis, the Bruins have ample size on defense to handle big forwards. The weaknesses in Gill's game are annoying, and his strength is superfluous. If someone's gonna go out there and be a *****, I'd rather he be able to move the puck and not be the biggest guy on the ice. Sorry Hal, but I hope its adios.