Thread: Prospect Info: Pick #158 Christoph Bertschy
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 01:00 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Over the course of dinner tonight out with some friends watching UFC, I went and looked up as many scouting reports on this guy as I could. That said, I could only find 5-6 reports, but all seemed to be mostly positive.

They all praised his creativity and offensive game, especially when he worked on the powerplay, yet they all called him out for work ethic and competitiveness. I could see him spending a year or two more over in Switzerland, and then coming over to the AHL to be seasoned for 2-3 more years. Although I have never really wanted this for any player, I would love to see him come over and play juniors of some kind, I don't think he'll do it and I don't blame him.

He seems like he could potentially be a low end 2nd liner, high end 3rd line guy. As someone said in another thread, we really haven't had many guys in the pipeline that could play in the bottom six. This guy seems like, down the road if everything goes right, he could be a solid bottom six guy who could move up a line or two if injuries occurred. Personally, that sounds great to me.

I'll keep an eye out for him, hopefully he can continue to develop.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote