View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 02:21 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Why don't you show me where I offered anything? Again, try reading through the thread, then maybe you wouldn't be wasting your time and everyone else's.
Not a straight proposal but saying he is not available for trade

Quote:
The Rangers will not be trading Chris Kreider. If there is a trade with the Ducks for Ryan, Kreider won't be a part of it.
followed by this

Quote:
I am simply telling you the way it is. The Rangers will not be trading Chris Kreider. It has nothing to do with me. My personal belief is that Chris Kreider will be a great second line LW, 25-30 goals, terrific on special teams, with incredible speed and strength. I can understand why they don't want to trade him. He has tremendous value.

Now, few Ranger fans have been pushing for Ryan on HFBoards like I have. But Ryan is not an elite winger. I can name 25-30 forwards that have more value, and if I can do that, that means he is not elite. He is very good, with the potential to become elite.

The Rangers have the following untouchables: Lundqvist, Richards, Callahan, Gaborik (for now), McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, Stepan, Kreider. They would deal Del Zotto, but I don't think the Ducks will want Del Zotto. Stepan is untouchable not necessarily because he is that great, although he is a very nice young player, but because the Rangers are trying to win a Stanley Cup and if they deal him, they don't have a second line center. While apparently the Rangers wouldn't move one of Staal or Girardi for Ryan, I would have no problem doing so, but I don't believe that the Rangers would have to add more than one of Dubinsky or Anisimov or a good prospect like Miller or McIlrath. Either Staal or Girardi is as good a shut down defenseman as Ryan is a scoring winger.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the rest of the untouchable list (Lundqvist, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan, McDonagh, Kreider). They're all worthy of that label, at least to our team, or they simply aren't realistic options for trade due to clauses/contracts/age/cap hits.
You want Ryan you'll have to give something we want back... not "here choose whatever is left over from our extras bin". We are in the business to win hockey games not help the Rangers win hockey games by handing over one of our better wingers on the team.