Thread: Proposal: Pittsburgh-Chicago
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Morrow was definitely sent back to Portland before the regular season began.

Brandon Saad is going to be an absolute monster. I think the coaching staff and management is extremely sure of that. He is the only prospect I believe is considered untouchable. It's not my choice, but the only I can get behind a deal involving Saad is if he is included in a deal that would enable the Blackhawks to acquire an absolutely stud player that is a proven commodity and impresses time after time. The Penguins will (and should) hang onto Morrow, and Saad will be in the Hawks' top-six to begin the regular season in all likelihood.
Morrow would be in the NHL right now if the Pens had not been so stacked defensively. HF pretty much said that in their prospect rating, Morrow at 26 (Saad was 31). Maybe that is what people were thinking of:

26 Joe Morrow – D – Pittsburgh Penguins

Height: 6-0, Weight: 197

The Portland Winterhawks finished the regular season with the third best record in the WHL and were far and away the most powerful offensive club in the league. So, on a team that includes many top prospects and highly ranked 2012 draft-eligible players, defenseman Joe Morrow still manages to stand out. Not only was he the top offensive defenseman for that club, he finished second among WHL defensemen with 64 points despite playing in only 62 games. Morrow currently leads the WHL in playoff scoring by a defenseman with another 12 points through 13 games. Morrow plays every game situation, and can do whatever is asked of him, whether leading a breakout from his own zone, or shutting down the opposing team's top scorers. Morrow really can do it all; if he was a part of a different organization without the kind of defensive depth that the Pittsburgh Penguins enjoy, he could already be playing in the NHL.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...gs-2011-2012/3

Morrow is also something that the Pens have nothing else of in the system, a PMD and PP QB. Or had nothing until Pouliot was drafted as well. We saw with Goligoski what those can get you. So yeah, Saad would be great, but Pens would pass as well.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote