View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Well than let me clarify my position as stated at the start of this. There is a difference between the 3rd and 7th. It's pretty clear. However I believe it to be quite small. It's certainly not as large of a difference as you would think.

So that's why I'm not favor of using a 7th-rounder on a player that wouldn't sniff the draft without that last name. Take it seriously, just like you would a 3rd-rounder. I mean, Nanne was below a point per game last year in Minnesota high school. His offensive numbers aren't even in the same ballpark as other Minnesotans that have been drafted.
I guess I'm in the two schools of thought.

Obviously, you must take seriously, its a pick and those picks can always turn into a player, if not, can be used for currency in trades. Either way, they should be taken seriously. I 100% agree with you here.

I guess what I am against you with is that Nanne was purely a PR move. Obviously, I've never seen him play. But in addition, I never grew up a hockey fan nor do I know much about local hockey, meaning the name Nanne means nothing to me.

I take it for what it is, a quick and aggressive forward that plays a good defensive game, who plays hard and forechecks hard. Limited offense, and small size.

I trust Flahr and Co. enough to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they chose him because they felt he would be a good project going forward. IMO Flahr has not done us wrong in the draft so far, and I have no reason to think he would start now.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote