Thread: Salary Cap: Cap/Free Agency Megathread
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:21 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

vCash: 500
I'm not sure where else to put this, but I have a theory I'd like to share:

I honestly think that drafting the big centers increases the chance that we go after Parise in FA. Pegula stated when he arrived that he wanted to win a cup in three years, but it's unrealistic to think that a center group of Grigorenko, Girgensons, Hodgson and Ennis will be mature enough to lead a team to a cup, so a strong corp of wingers would be key if we were to contend in 2013-14.

If we trade Roy to make room for Parise, a winger group of Parise, Pominville, Vanek, Stafford, etc. would be enough to carry the young guys, and the cap room would be there with the G's, Foligno, Pysyk and McNabb on ELCs.

Assuming Grigs and Girgs are NHL ready in 2013 and Pegula sticks to his guns about wanting to contend for a cup then, the stars are aligning for us when you consider the number of potential impact players on entry-level deals we'll have. A star winger added to the group (Parise, Iginla, Ryan) would be a smart pickup if we use the potential cap space the right way, and you have to believe Darcy is going to make another move based on his ability to get who he's wanted since T-pegs took over.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote