View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Everything's been in the OP, including that quote and links to Devine's and McCabe's interviews. You guys had me thinking I didn't hit the submit button on one of the many edits I made yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

Kevin Devine (Buffalo Sabres)

“We actually McCabe rated at the end of the first round. We weren’t sure if we were going to get a forward or defense, but he was too
high up on our board. He played for (Rochester head coach) Ron Rolston before, so we know about his character.”
However, I did notice that I overlooked Button's analysis of McCabe, so that has been added this morning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post

Craig Button (TSN)

"Jake is more of a defending type player but may be able to contribute a measure of offense in time because he has no hesitation in
jumping into the play and trying to make a difference offensively. His skating base is decent but his agility and quickness will have to
improve to be able to have success at the NHL level. He competes and plays a determined style of game but he doesn't possess a
punishing aspect to his game or one that gets the attention of opponents and can keep them off balance. Without an improvement in
his skating, he will find himself off balance and challenged vs. speed and in a quick pace. He has good sense and makes plays with the
puck that are solid and safe. He isn't hesitant to try to initiate things with the puck but his game is defensive positioning and trying to
make it challenging for opponents to get scoring chances. Has time to improve and there isn't any major drawback that indicates he
can't improve."

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote