View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I think (hope!?) Yzerman is too sophisticated to replicate Greztky's ill-advised attempt to bring back a "dream team". I agree that we need to stay away from legacy picks...i.e. none of this "he's earned the right to be on the team" (b/c of who he is, not how he plays) nonsense.

I don't think the team will require an "older" presence...there are young-ish guys who were there last time and have obvious leadership skills (i.e. Toews, Crosby, Weber, Keith). It's not like we're going to have a bunch of naive youngsters off in the olympic village getting drunk for the first time.

I agree that we also have to be careful not to start piling on players who great in the NHL but have weak skating. Tavares (and yeah, I know he's a lot better) and Eberle are as weak as we can afford.

If Getzlaf stays home, I will not shed a tear.
Well, I think you and I are pretty much in agreement on the Olympic Team and what Stevie Y has to do. I have no doubts he'll make the right decisions. Turino was a one off with Gretzky's miscalculations, coming out of the lockout, poor prep-time and they went with the team that won the World Cup (pretty much) in 04. Success often makes one prone to mistakes. Now, if we can only get back to producing goaltenders, great goaltenders in numbers then I'll be happy. This Subban kid looks promising for only playing the position 6 years.