Timonen - x

x - x - x
Carle - Meszaros

PK:

x - x
Grossmann - Coburn

x - x
Timonen/Meszaros - Schenn

Greatly improves the defense IMO. Gives us that physical right-handed defensemen who has some TWD potential. For now he's a top-6 DFD (similar to Grossmann) but he's 22 years old. Takes pressure off the entire defense. I think Schenn will excel in our system, such like Grossmann did since we acquired him. Each pairing can now have a 'puck-mover' or TWD and a stay-at-home kinda guy.

Stoked. Hope we sign either bottom-6 forwards or resign Jagr.

Roll forwards like:

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Schenn - Briere - Voracek
Read - Couturier - Simmonds
Wellwood - xxx - Talbot

All depending on Jagr. If Jagr leaves, Voracek 1st line and Simmonds 2nd, Talbot on 3rd. Sign solid bottom 6'ers (like Talbot last year) and we'll be set. I'd love to get Bobby Ryan or Nash but not if it's gonna cost the Schenn brothers.
Two concerns with those line, 1) Can Jagr do another year on the top line? Maybe, but i wouldnt count on it....2) I would keep the combination for that 2nd line, but go Voracek/Schenn/Briere - Schenn was dreadful defensively last year, but he will get better as he is a good two way player. I was always a big defender of Briere at center, but now that the team has let Leino go and Harntell is on a different line, plus him getting older I think it is time for him to move to wing.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote