Thread: Line Combos: 'the future'
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Bulis hit

vCash: 500
Fun little exercise.

Of course you have to imply that the prospects will develop to a certain level... So I'll take a few seconds to say how I see the following prospects developing in this scenario (3-4 years away or smtg).

Galchenyuk: In time, I think he'll become the 1st line center for habs. Not convinced he'll be the prototypical 1st liner scoring a ton of points, but I still think he will rank slightly higher on our depth chart than Pleks, Eller and DD.

Collberg: Good offensive player. At this point in his career, he should be a rookie or 2nd year NHL player. He may be starting to come into his own, but will not have reached his top potential yet.

Erik Cole: I think by the time this scenario happens, Cole will either have left or his play won't be as effective as it is today. I still think that he will be a fine top 6/9 option.

Gallagher: Unlike some of you, I'm not sold on his NHL potential yet. So I leave him off this prediction.

Kristo: Seems to have a skillset like Collberg. Could push for NHL time or already be established... who knows.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - UFA
Leblanc - Plekanec - Cole
Desharnais - Eller - Collberg
Bournival - White - Schultz (tons of options for this line of course)

Perhaps Geoffrion finds his role and slots in there somewhere...

Subban - Gorges
Emelin - Markov
Beaulieu - Tinordi
7th: Ellis/Diaz

Lots of schuffling is possible here. It's actually unlikely that Diaz would be 7th dman. IMO he either keeps on improving and finds a spot in the regular formation before 3-4 years or leaves the organization. I leave him here though because I think there is a possibility he will still be in the mix in a few years.

Price
whoever

EDIT: What is really interesting with this lineup though is that IMO, Hamilton will be loaded by that time. There should be a lot of players knocking on the door to the NHL.

D: Thrower, Dietz, Didier, Bennett, Nash (maybe...)
HM: Pateryn, Nygren

FWDs: Bozon, Kristo, Gallagher, Holland, Quailer, Naatinen, McMillan
HM: Avtsyn, Pribyl, Dumont

And of course additional prospects from future drafts and such.

Last edited by Bulis hit: 06-24-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote