Thread: News Article: Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I have a feeling now that Luke Schenn was brought in, Mezsaros might be available. I know it's against the consensus around here, but he might be a bigger piece going into a Bobby Ryan deal. If the Ducks hope to build through free agency for defense, they will be really really sorry. I like Mez and I still think he can be a good #2 with the right defender. I wouldn't mind including him and our 1st rounder and some other pieces. I know I know people will say this would never happen, but homer has surprised me enough to know nothing is off the table.
I think the Flyers were always willing to include Mez in a deal, but most Anaheim fans were . . . unimpressed.

That said, with the departure of Visnovsky, they seemingly have a hole in their top-4 for a next few seasons--until Lindholm and Vatenen are ready.

Read, Mezsaros, and the 2013 1st would be on par with previous deals and give Anaheim some immediate pieces to slot in...but I doubt they go for it. If the Rangers offer Stepan, or if Nashville offers something around Colin Wilson +, etc., it becomes tricky for us to match.