View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 11:10 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Considering this is 2012-13 haven't we already lost a decade? Look Joe doesn't want to lose. Gagliardi sure as hell doesn't want an empty barn and terrible team on the ice but options this year may be limited by things beyond their control. Had they been able to start the rebuild while in receivership then we're probably further along but that didn't happen.

Now you've got four veterans who didn't help you win, two with NTCs. One who had pissed off management so bad that they finally said let's be done with it. I would think they could have gotten more but have no clue how they feel about Eakin vs. any other prospect offered. They've still got Ott who has value and the other two who probably don't have much. This UFA crop is flat out terrible. Suter and Parise aren't coming to Dallas to lose, several decent guys have re-uped with their current clubs and the rest are big bunch of blah. Building an immediate winner out of this is darn near impossible.

So you evaluate your farm club to see who can fill a hole. You hope you can pick up a couple of UFAs or salary cap causalities from other clubs, roll with the kids who are ready, take your punches and hopefully are in a much better situation come next season.

The best damn thing that could happen to this franchise would be to just flat out suck get the 1st or 2nd overall pick and then hope guys like Chaisson, Olesiak, and Nemeth are ready come 2013.

If I have to watch them be terrible this season to see this lineup in two years so be it.

Eriksson-McKinnon-Chaisson
Benn-Luke Adam-Matt Fraser
Eric Fehr-Eakin-Vincour
Glennie-Fiddler-Sceviour

Goligoski-Olesiak
Larsen-Nemeth
Daley-Dillon
Benn
That lineup really isn't that much better. We'll probably make the playoffs, but not contend.

I'm really hoping Adam doesn't push Benn to wing either, if we acquire him. Getting a guy like MacKinnon may change that (don't see it, though), but still.

I'd still prefer Jones, too.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote