View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Because Kulemin is going to get you a number 1 center. I agree that's what you need... however even if you received a top 6 guy... where do they play? You have 5 top 6 wingers and 1 center. One of those wingers is going to be the odd man out, and I don't see it being Kessel, Lupul or JVR.

It's possible that he's included in a deal for Luongo... however Leafs would have to add a significant piece (prospect and likely a pick as well) as it wouldn't center around Kulemin.

With Harding signing a 3 yr extension, it's possible Backstrom is moved sometime this season... however he'll cost more than Kulemin is worth as well.

Don't get me wrong... I like him, and expect him to do a lot better than last year (assuming he gets top 6 icetime). However if he can't get top 6 icetime, then I don't see him doing much more than 10-15 goals. At which point moving him for another player/prospect isn't a bad thing.

It would be a horrible thing, we need him, he is big, plays soild defensively, he can score. He just a solid hockey player. I have no complaints with him, he can play top 6 or could be used in a checking role, which apparently Caryle will play his checking line a lot of minutes. He is way to valuable and things that were offered in the OP help the Leafs in no way, Leafs prefer Kulemin.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote