Old
06-24-2012, 02:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Pronger took us to game 6 of the SCF. It was not a bust. Really no debate to be made.
The Flyers made that trade to win the Stanley Cup, not lose in Game 6 of the Finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I had Laughton ranked 9th among OHL players for the draft. Here's what I wrote.

No forward in this crop did more for their draft stock in the final few months of the season than Scott Laughton. While several of the team's top players were away during December, Laughton really took off offensively with the increased ice time. It was from then on that he became a two way beast, playing in all situations for the Generals. Laughton is a jack of all trades center who does pretty much everything well. What makes him so effective is how aggressive he is at all times. He is a very difficult player to play against at both ends of the ice. He's not incredibly big, but he's a bull on the puck and very hard to separate from it. He's aggressive in driving to the net and has surprisingly good hands which allows him to be deceptively dynamic. He catches defenders by surprise at times by how well he can carry the puck. Laughton is also excellent along the boards. He's a very effective forechecker who can force turnovers and work the cycle to wear down opposing defenses. It was his forechecking ability and hard work along the wall which made him so effective at the Under 18's, where I felt like he was one of Canada's top players. Laughton was also one of the top face-off men at the tourney, a very valuable skill for a strong two way centerman. The real stickler among scouts appears to be what his high end potential is; can he be a top 2 line center, or is he more likely a solid 3rd line guy (which means there is little separation between Laughton and a guy like Brady Vail).? I remember scouts having this same debate about a guy in 2003 named Mike Richards, and he turned out alright. I see Laughton as a very comparable player at the same age
I like what I see here, Brock.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote