View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I look at it as the St. Louis Blues path. A young group that has to grow together. That first year they're not going to light the world on fire but Dallas gets plenty of looks at all their young players, they're in the chase and hopefully get a taste of the playoffs so they're better prepared the following year.

Take your pick of Loktionov, Adam, Eller, Spooner, Anismov, Ennis or whomever Dallas can get because they seem determined to move Benn. Agree or disagree that seems to be their direction. I just hope they get the best guy they can to fill that spot which maybe splits up Benn and Eriksson to give one to each center to help them out.

I know people really like Jones but this franchise needs a Stamkos, Crosby, Tavares, RNH, type player. A 90 to 100 point future center who can bring out the very best in whomever he plays with, sells tickets, makes other players want to play with him and gets all the inevitable Mike Modano comparisons. I don't doubt Seth Jones is special but unless he's Chara or Pronger special take the offensive dynamo this franchise hasn't had since 1994.
Benn is our #1 center.

Jones is more important to a team. Look at the the recent Stanley Cup winners. Besides Pittsburgh, none of them have a 90-100 point elite forward, but they all have a legit #1 defenseman.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote