View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
totalkev

vCash: 500
I think Jussi is kind of our "level indicator" type of guy. If he's on our first line, we suck. If he's on the second line, we're average. And if we manage to push him down to the third line, we're in OK shape. Yeah, he's versatile. Big whoop. Let's face it, he wasn't very good last season, with 12 goals and 118 shots in 79 games. He needs to double those totals if he wants to play with a Staal brother next year.

The bottom line is that -- although we're better today than we were last week -- we are still short in the "Top 6 winger" department. And as much as I love Ray Whitney and hope we sign him, I think we need to be cautious about penciling him in to the first line if we do get him. Dude is 40, and although the hands are clearly still there, the legs aren't always willing. I still think we need to find a way to add a Bobby Ryan type guy in the first half of his career, and not a guy in the short rows.

Yeah, we were that bad up front last season that adding Jordan Staal gets us only halfway home.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote