Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Dalton Thrower - 51st overall
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I see you have 3 of our prospects in the top 20, and one just outside.
"Thrower is not the biggest blueliner that will be selected in June, but he still plays a very effective physical game. Naysayers have focused on his size, citing NHL Central Scouting’s underestimated listed dimensions of 5’11” and 179 lbs. Dalton is actually 6’0” 190-195 lbs and is as hard as nails. This was evident on the big stage of the CHL Top Prospects game:
“Thrower came to the aid of his best friend following a tremendous hit that sent Sutter head over skates in his own zone. Plymouth Whalers forward Thomas Wilson was the one to raise the ire of Thrower, who wasted little time when given a brief window of opportunity to set the record straight despite being four inches shorter and 18 pounds lighter than the 6-foot-4, 200-pound Wilson. Wilson appeared to get the upper hand initially, but Thrower, who partners with Colorado Avalanche prospect Duncan Siemens in Saskatoon, had a good finish.” (Mike Morreale – NHL.com)"

So he is bigger than most knew. One of the articles said he can also play left or right point so versatility as well. I am really liking the Habs first three picks. I think they are all NHL caliber. The other ones if they reach their ceiling have a shot as well. What i do like is both Gally and Thrower seem to have tons of tenacity to improve and become the best they can. The others I don't know as much but having prospects that work hard to get to their dreams is better than floaters to rely on just their talent to move forward.