View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:16 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I'm not concerned about it, personally. His skating is elite, if he can continue developing well positionally, continue making smart decisions, and use his stick well, he's going to break up plays regularly. He doesn't need to throw his weight around. If he can learn to use his body to protect the puck, all will be well.
SSM, you and I usually agree on most things, but I'll have to disagree here.

While he doesn't need to, at his size, he should use it to his advantage. How many defenseman, nevermind NHL players are blessed with his size and have the kind of mobility and lateral movement that this kid has?

This kid could be in the NHL a lot sooner than people think, apparently. Maybe I was all wrong about this kid. Who knows, but I don't like hearing that for a 6'3 205 pounder at 18 years old that he doesn't use his size to an advantage.

I don't think he needs to be a Dion Phaneuf type, leveling everything in sight, but he should be using his size to dominate smaller players and muscle them off the puck with ease. Hopefully with an NHL workout regimen, he gains muscle and gets stronger.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote