View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 03:17 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
No, but I'd still want to bolster it. Do something about Gomez and Kaberle, while trying to get a legit right handed top 4 D and a top 6 LW. Without getting rid of the aforementioned duo, we'll already have about 4-5 mil on the side to just try and add a winger.
I would definitely try to shed Gomez and Kaberle - and especially Weber - but what could we conceivably do to replace them? I feel like Bergevin won't just make trades until he's had an adequate understanding of how the players could play individually outside of the coveted Jacques Martin Trap-a-doodle-doo.

Maybe Eller will finally wake up? Bourque falls back on form? Pleks should produce at a higher clip too - and feed Gionta.

These aren't, and shouldn't be, loftly goals and if they reach them we're gonna have a good team. The only role I really, really feel we lack is a precision slapper on the PP, Wiz would look so good back there, but can we make do with Souray (if we drop Kabs)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
No, wishful thinking of playoff dreams are the norm.
You saw how many games they lost by a goal late in the third. They're better than that. They're better than the Leafs, better than the Sens, better than the Sabres even. They should be a middle-playoff team as they are now.