Thread: Prospect Info: Rank our top 10 prospects
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:45 PM
JohnnyB11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I've only seen him a couple times in the Q so I defer to others like yourself that have seen him more, next year I will get to see him a ton so I will be keeping a close eye on his development. That said the mental lapses, I would say for sure i've seen him have several lapses with the puck in his own end so unless they were just random incidents it would lead me to believe that at times he makes questionable decisions with the puck in his own end or suffers from a lack of focus. I didn't think he played all that well in the WJC's but don't hold that against him. I understand about the off ice concerns, so we'll see how it goes for him.

For me I don't put much stock in what these kids do in juniors, I get the best feel for them when they hit the AHL so I'll have a better feel for him for sure next season.
Curious to see how he makes the transition to pro. I've found he does make some bad decisions, but no more than most other dmen of his age. He likes to rush the puck and jump in the offense, and you would see it more when the boys couldn't seem to get anything going - I think he just figures he'll do it all himself. When he gets in that mindset, the decision-making worsens for sure. He could get away with it more though because of his big stride - that will change in the AHL/NHL so he will have to get making better decisions. I'm sure the coaching staff will help iron this out, and one thing that's been said about him is that he's very coachable.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote