Thread: Value of: Colin Wilson to WPG,TOR
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I like Watson also, but I think we need a d-man with top 4 ability coming back. We'll need to have someone step in and pickup Enstrom's almost 24 minutes a game. I know we can divide up some of his minutes, but other than Bogo, Buff and Hainsey, there's nobody currently on the Jets that I'd want picking up those minutes. Stuart should stay on the bottom pairing and Clitsome is more of a bottom pairing (7th) d-man. Even Postma and Kulda should be brought into the NHL as bottom pairing guys IMO. Of course if we can find that top 4 d-man in FA, then I"m all for a Enstrom for Wilson + Watson deal.
IF Enstrom is dealt, I don't really see a defenseman coming back that can handle top 4 minutes. If that was the case, why would the other team be trading him? Ellis and / or Blum are not able to handle top 4 minutes either, so getting either one of them doesn't solve that problem any better than getting someone like Watson.

Plus, Ellis especially doesn't look like the player the Jets are trying to acquire if our last two drafts are any indication.

I think if Entrom is dealt, that Chevy would need to make a secondary move(s) to replace his minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
I would venture to say that Watson is virtually untouchable for NSH, especially if Wilson is out the door. He is their future at the centre ice position, and just came off a fantastic season. He will be their Ryan Kesler. You don't trade guys like that very easily.
Pretty much why I would want him as well.

It appears from the last two drafts that the Jets are trying to get bigger, and tougher to play against.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote