Thread: Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Damien Brunner (1 year for $925K)
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:52 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
That pretty much makes the point. The guys who have been mothballed but were given significant roles under Babcock are Filppula, Smith and Nyquist. All indications are that all of these guys will be significant contributors. I honestly don't think Babcock is pushing for Tatar to make the team. I recall a presentation he gave in Novi or something to a chamber of commerce meeting where he got to talking about prospects and he said something to the effect that if the scouting dept was up there talking about prospects they'd go on and on about all these guys but Babs is only really concerned with the guys who can help the team NOW. And that's as it should be, so I've been saying this is a small group of players where Holland should be more willing to give Babcock what he says he needs. Babcock has a track record where Holland should really listen to him and pay attention and give him what he needs.
And the fact that Babcock never bothered to learn Kindl's name and still refers to him as "Kuba" probably says it all about his feelings about poor Jakub...

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote