Thread: Speculation: Roster 2012-2013 - Part II
View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
You don't know that. It's entirely possible that player contracts are reduced across the board in accordance with the cap or they allow a temporary overage for people to adjust.
Which is why I phrased it as an if/then.

But you don't need to know (for sure). You only need to know that it's a very strong possibility. You'd have to be crazy to spend up to the temporary cap, knowing that you could get trapped in cap hell before the season even starts. If the league proposes a rollback of current contracts and doesn't move from that position, this conversation is moot, because you can expect another long lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where they screw over one of their popular teams, especially if the CBA negotiation drags on closer to the start of the season.
It's hard for me to imagine the Flyers putting themselves in that position. All the teams know it's a temporary cap. The Flyers can't reasonably expect to pull of a fait accompli here.

The only way the Flyers would spend up to this temporary cap is if they have some bullet-proof info assuring them that they will be safe. The only articles I have read suggest that the cap is likely to come down from $70.3 M.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote