View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Yes, that's totally true. We won't have each of those bad things happen again. However, we don't just need some improvement to go from 15th place to 6th place -- we need a lot of improvements.

Meanwhile, you expect that some of the things that went right this year won't go as well next year. These were some of the positives to the season:
- Consistency from Price.
- Elite penalty kill
- Career season from Cole.
- Strong improvements from Pacioretty, Desharnais, Emelin, Eller
- No injuries to Subban, Plekanec, Gorges

That's my list, maybe you'd make a different list. Either way, I listed 10 different events that we benefited from last year. How many of those will repeat this year? Probably not all 10.

In the middle of last summer, I was criticized by this forum for not being optimistic about our defense. This summer, I'm criticized for not being optimistic about our playoff hopes. That's fine.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. I'm confident in predicting an approximate 12th place finish. Bottom line is this team finished 15th with some things going well and other things going badly. There's just too much that needs to change for me to see a vast improvement as likely. Of course, it IS possible, I just don't think it's likely.
No Markov, no Gionta for half the season, Subban had a iffy first half, Plekanec had a bad offensive season, Cammalleri was horrible, Emelin slowly gained in confidence. Despite this when Martin was fired we were in the playoff hunt. Still dont know what kind UFAs and moves the new staff will make up to season start but I quite confident the team will be better than last season. I'm also curious as to what Gallagher and Galchenyuk among others will show at camp.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote