View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Our 1st line center is 5'6. Our 2nd line center is 5'10. C'mon man....size is a big issue and so is the lack of depth on the wings. You can win without an elite player. It baffles me how some can watch this team get pushed around and not think that we need to get big up the middle. I mean, this has been a common theme since forever. It's like telling an NFL scout that a high IQ QB can be successful at 5'9.
Wah, wah, wah.

Tampa's Bay's first line winger is 5'8. Big ****ing whoop.

Let me explain a little something to you.

Our useless small 1st line center had 60 points in his first full season. How many players in history have got 60 points in their first full NHL season? Let's look at Olli Jokinen. Big guy. Centre. Didn't score 60+ points until his 5th full season.

Then there is a stat called +/-.

Our small useless 1st line center was a +10.

By golly, what does that mean Captain Awesome?

It means he was on the ice for 10 more ES goals scored for than against, mister penguin.

HOLY CRAP! You mean to tell me our first line small useless center scored 60 points in his first season, wins more than 50% of his puck battles, drives to the front of the net, and scored more goals than the opposition?

Yes, I do mean to tell you that.

Bah, useless. He's short! GET RID OF HIM! SIZE IS WHAT MATTERS!!!!

Okay, you convinced me. Hey Laraque, want to play center for the Habs?!

PS. If the best QB in the world was 5'9, talent wise, and you passed on him because of his size, you're stupid. You make things work around him if that's the case.

I can't wait till Desharnais scores a PPG (or very close to it) this season and you come back with "he's short, trade him!" lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
100% agree. You can't have everything. If other areas are strong enough, you can forego having "perfection" somewhere. Our centres are pretty good at what they do, even if they aren't big. It's just that we don't compensate by having the depth on the wings atm to give us enough scoring depth overall. If we can get that on July 1st, we can easily overlook things at center.
Exactly. We have two very good scoring centres (especially if we get a 4th winger to help out), as well as a pretty solid young 3rd line centre who could take big steps this year.

Our problem has been depth for so long. Hell, even back when we had Koivu and Ribeiro, the problem was wing depth - not centres.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote