View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Wah, wah, wah.

Tampa's Bay's first line winger is 5'8. Big ****ing whoop.
Tampa Bay's 5'8" winger is much, much, much better than Desharnais. Yes, even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB
Let me explain a little something to you.

Our useless small 1st line center had 60 points in his first full season. How many players in history have got 60 points in their first full NHL season? Let's look at Olli Jokinen. Big guy. Centre. Didn't score 60+ points until his 5th full season.

Then there is a stat called +/-.

Our small useless 1st line center was a +10.

By golly, what does that mean Captain Awesome?

It means he was on the ice for 10 more ES goals scored for than against, mister penguin.

HOLY CRAP! You mean to tell me our first line small useless center scored 60 points in his first season, wins more than 50% of his puck battles, drives to the front of the net, and scored more goals than the opposition?

Yes, I do mean to tell you that.
And then there are more advanced stats, which show that both the Plekanec and Eller lines faced better/more productive opposition. So the fact that his line only outscored those players by an aggregate 10 ES goals, despite personally starting in the offensive zone more often than anyone except the most sheltered players (Gomez, Engqvist, Dumont), and considering he had linemates like MaxPac and Cole...

...much less impressed with DD's stats than you are, obviously. I'm in no rush to start the trade train, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Bah, useless. He's short! GET RID OF HIM! SIZE IS WHAT MATTERS!!!!

Okay, you convinced me. Hey Laraque, want to play center for the Habs?!

PS. If the best QB in the world was 5'9, talent wise, and you passed on him because of his size, you're stupid. You make things work around him if that's the case.

I can't wait till Desharnais scores a PPG (or very close to it) this season and you come back with "he's short, trade him!" lol.

Exactly. We have two very good scoring centres (especially if we get a 4th winger to help out), as well as a pretty solid young 3rd line centre who could take big steps this year.

Our problem has been depth for so long. Hell, even back when we had Koivu and Ribeiro, the problem was wing depth - not centres.
Started off with incredible hyperbole and venting, but brought it back in the end. Good job natey.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote